Kat (owner/acupuncturist) has created a 5 element yoga and guided meditation sequence working through anxiety. The idea is that each element has an accompanying disharmony of emotion when it is out of balance. These classes are relaxing restorative yoga postures as well as guided meditation, acupressure points, essential oils and music that relates to each element. To be added to our yoga notification list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the class topics. I rotate through them when I teach. All classes are held at Yoga Kayla at 206 Glen Street on the 2nd floor, Glens Falls, NY. For more info go to www.yogakayla.com Please note the links take you to class sign up, which is using the mind body app. You will need to create and account or sign in:
- September 30, 1-2pm: Water element restorative yoga: The courage to do the things you are afraid of – the water element/kidney meridian and working through the emotion of fear and exhaustion.
- October 21, 1-2pm: Wood element restorative yoga: Creating balance – The wood element/liver meridian and working through the emotion of frustration, anger, and feeling overwhelmed.
- November 18, 1-2pm: Fire element restorative yoga: Relaxing into joy – The fire element/heart meridian and working through the emotion of sadness, depression, and overexcitement.
- December 30, 1-2pm: Earth element restorative yoga: Becoming grounded and learning to play – The earth element/spleen meridian and working through the emotion of worry and overthinking.
- January 20, 1-2pm: Metal element restorative yoga: Letting go and living in the now – the metal element/lung meridian and working through the emotion of grief and needing to stay in control.
Kambal Yoga at Restore Balance
Stephanie Kayalar teaches yoga at Restore Balance. She and Kat became friends after meeting at yoga teacher training in 2016. Kat trusts her and believes everyone can benefit from her yoga classes, leaving each session more grounded, relaxed and peaceful. Stephanie created Kambal or blanket yoga out of her desire to bring clients to a deeper state of relaxation and reduce anxiety.
This entirely new style of Restorative Yoga utilizes weighted blankets along with props in order to passively hold poses without stress to the body. The use of weighted blankets has been shown to increase serotonin and dopamine, in turn creating a calming effect as well as improving mood. Light touch therapy as well as Aromatherapy are incorporated throughout class. Kambal yoga is open to everyone with or without experience with movement based yoga. Students should wear comfortable clothing. Everything is provided. No mat needed. Classes are one hour in duration. Cost is $12/class or $45/5 class pass. Sign up ahead is required.